Rochester mn adult chat rooms sex dating in linn kansas
By 1917, the library was providing small collections of books housed in the schools, since at this time there were no school libraries.
There was no public library association to accept the money so the funds were held in the estate until the newly formed Library Board could accept it. Since discussion of a library building was in its most infant stages, the ,000 was loaned out to increase its value: ,000 was loaned to the Leet and Knowlton Department Store at 5 percent and ,000 was loaned to the Rochester School District at 7 percent. Bastion's bequest did not produce a building immediately, it was the nest egg that made it possible for the Library Board to seriously consider moving from increasingly crowded quarters to a new location designed and built for library use. Eaton sat on the corner of Broadway and Zumbro (now 2nd Street SW) and drew some preliminary plans in the dust and dirt. Hurlbut made a second, more lasting contribution when his wife Ella established a trust fund of ,000 for the purchase of books for the library collection.According to the By-Laws drawn up in 1895, the library was to be open Monday through Saturday from p.m. In 1896, the City levied and assessed ,250 for public library operations.By 1905, the librarian was offering local schools a special "class loan" plan whereby 12 books could be taken out by a teacher, for class use.He served as the first president of the Board and continued to serve until he was elected Mayor in 1898.Huber Bastion was an early Rochester artist who came to Rochester for his health in 1867.
It completely outgrew the first building at the corner of Second Street and First Avenue SW and a new library was built on the southeast corner of Second Street and Third Avenue SW.